Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Weekend

How was your long weekend? Ours was full of time spent with family and friends. We spent Saturday just the four of us at child's learning center, Discovery Place, we have passes and it is always a fun place to go spend the afternoon when we've got nothing else going on. 
Sunday was loads of fun too. I spent the morning baking cupcakes - and then took them to a birthday party at the park in the evening. It was a typical North Carolina summer evening - hot and humid. But we had a great time celebrating a sweet friend.
Monday we decided that it was the perfect day to swim at the pool. It was SO HOT. I mean, like 98 degrees hot. We loaded up with some of our good friends and headed to the pool at my parents place. It was fantastic fun. We spent 5 hours there and Oliver was not ready to leave but we tempted him with the idea of grilled hot dogs for dinner. 
I let the boys take the kiddos home and me and my girlfriend, Heather, went to the store for our dinner supplies. 
We gorged on hot dogs with veggie chili, roasted corn, grilled baby zucchini,  a hearty radish spinach basil salad (fresh from my garden!) nectarines, chips, and a few ice cold beers for the men. We ended the night with a movie (on out new tv). It was the best long weekend we've had in a long time. So much fun!

Now I'm prepping to spend a long 5 days as a single mama while my hubby heads down to the beach to fulfill his duties as a groomsmen. I'm super bummed that I cannot go down to the wedding, but I'm trying to fill up our week/weekend with lots of fun stuff so that we pass the time fast.... and as long as I can get rid of this horrible head cold that I came down with on Monday night then we should be just fine! 

I hope you had a fantastic weekend too! (I didn't pull out my camera all weekend, I can't believe that I have no pictures to show for such a great time!) 

xoxo!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment